“Association for Dialogue and Dispute Resolution (ADDR) is a private, non-governmental, nonprofit nonpolitical, independent organization, established according the provisions set by Government Ordinance no. 26 of 31 January 2000, regarding associations and foundations.
The Association was established in 2005.
The founders of the Association are Romanian and American professionals working and interested in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Social and Restorative Justice, education, management and marketing.
ADDR’s Headquarters is in Romania, 700056 Iasi, Piata Unirii no. 2A, 4/22.
The Association brings together professionals and organizations specialized and interested in social development. The fields in which activities are performed are, mainly, those of the Social and Restorative Justice, Alternative Dispute Resolution, social, professional, personal and organizational capacity development. The organization is of professional type and performs activities of research, development, implementation, promotion and delivery of specialized service; it also promotes and defends the professional interests of its beneficiaries and associates.
Association’s activities and services are performed by international recognized Romanian and foreign professionals with multi-disciplinary competences, organized into an international network with centeres in United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria and Kenya.
The Association was created as a reliable and credible partner in relation with national and international public and administrative sectors, partners and beneficiaries.
ADDR’s Purpose is to:
- research, design, develop, promote and implement in the quality, management and development of politics, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities in social sector ;
- research, design, develop, promote and implement in the quality, management and development of politics, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities of Social and Restorative Justice and Alternative Dispute Resolution (Efficient Communication, Facilitation, Negotiation, Mediation, Conciliation Arbitrage, etc.);
- research, design, develop, promote and implement in the quality, management and development of politics, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities of organizational development ;
- research, design, develop, promote and implement in the quality, management and development of politics, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities of public and professional awareness and initial and continuous professional development of competencies in Association’s fields of expertise ;
- design and implement collaborative systems in relation with public and governmental sectors, institutions, organizations, and persons involved, interested or having common goals with the Association, on local, national and international levels ;
- offer service of specialized assistance, consultancy and counseling for professionals and organizations unfolding activities in Association’s fields of expertise ;
- offer service of specialized assistance, consultancy, counseling and intervention for private and corporate beneficiaries in Association’s fields of expertise ;
- design, implement, manage and supervise activities of awareness, initial and continuous professional development in Association’s fields of competence ;
- produce, edit and publish products and works in Association’s fields of expertise ;
- create and implement advocacy and lobby, fundraising and networking activities in Association’s field of activity;
- accomplish any other attributions set by the Association’s documents and decisions.
Some of the activities performed until now:
- research and development of products in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Social and Restorative Justice fields;
- implementation of assistance models and development of best practice records in case assistance using Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods (in penal, civil, family, business, labor, administrative fields);
- design and producing of awareness and training modules in Association’s field of competence (mostly in ADR: efficient communication, facilitation, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, etc.; Social and Restorative Justice);
- delivery of awareness sessions, initial and continuous professional development training modules addressed to general public and to professionals with practice in ADR, social, financial, business, judiciary fields (ADDR is authorized by the Mediation Council to deliver training modules for accredited mediators, in Romania – H 84/09.12.2007);
- direct participation to develop norms, standards and laws with application in Association’s field of expertise (among which the activities performed on Dispute mediation field, materialized in Law no. 192/2006 regarding Mediation and the organizing of Mediation profession and the most of norms elaborate by the Mediation Council in its first legislature);
- participation to the processes of design and implementation in establishing the first Mediation Council in Romania (professional entity appointed by Romanian law to set norms, to guide and to control the quality in the field of Dispute Mediation;
- design, producing and performing of marketing, promotion, awareness, networking products and events in Association’s field of competence, on local, regional and international level;
- performing of consultancy and assistance for beneficiaries aiming the design and development of social systems, enhancing institutional and organizational, professional and personal capacities;
- performing system consultancy and case assistance in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Restorative Justice field, for administration, corporate and private persons;
Corneliu Iulian Loghin