Association for Dialogue and Dispute Resolution has expertise and offers services and products in fields generating social development, especially in those of Social and Restorative Justice, Alternative Dispute Resolution, organizational, professional and personal capacity development.
The Association offers services of:
- research, consultancy, promotion, development and implementation in designing norms, management, co-ordination, development of policies, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities producing social development;
- research, consultancy, promotion, development and implementation in designing norms, management, co-ordination, development of policies, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities in Social and Restorative Justice and Alternative Dispute Resolution (mainly Efficient Communication, Facilitation, Negotiation, Mediation, Conciliation, Arbitrage);
- research, consultancy, promotion, development and implementation in designing norms, management, co-ordination, development of policies, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities generating institutional and organizational capacity development;
- research, consultancy, promotion, development and implementation in designing norms, management, co-ordination, development of policies, strategies, systems, measures, instruments and activities of awareness, initial and continuous professional competencies development in fields of Association’s own competency;
- design and implementation of systems and good practices of collaboration among different social actors and administration and other authorities at local, regional and international levels;
- assistance, consultancy, counseling for professionals and organizations with activities working in Association’s field of expertise;
- assistance, counseling and intervention in solving private and corporate disputes using Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods;
- management, implementation, consultancy, monitoring and supervising of awareness, initial and professional continuous development of patricians with activity in Association’s field of expertise;
- production, editing and publishing of products, materials and works on themes from Association’s field of expertise;
- design, consultancy and performing of activities of advocacy, lobby, fundraising, networking in Association’s field of expertise.
A. Initial Training Session for Authorized Dispute Mediators
A.D.D.R. is authorized under Romanian Law, by the Mediation Council, to organize training programs in Dispute Mediation (H84/04.11.2007).
Training sessions are addressed to:
- candidates who want to by authorized by the Romanian Mediation Council as Dispute Mediator, entitled to perform professional services; those candidates are expected to pass a graduation exam and to fulfill the conditions stipulated by the Law no. 192/2006, article 7 and 8;
- and candidates who want to acquire Mediation knowledge and abilities for own continuous professional development and to use those competencies in their practice (other than professional Dispute Mediation), or for own personal development (for those persons the graduation exam is optional).
- acquisition of information, development of abilities, attitudes and values needed for the professional practice of Dispute Mediation, according the stipulations of the Mediation Training Standard set by the Mediation Council.
Training’s Main Themes
A. Communication in Dispute Resolution
B. Dispute Resolution – Theory and Analysis
C. Processes Facilitation
D. Dispute Negotiation
E. Dispute Mediation
Conditions for participation
- trainees must have previous higher education in any field or discipline;
- trainee participation is mandatory for all group and individual activities of study and other didactic work; during the meetings, the trainees must participate to evaluation activities of course attendance, degree of acquirement of specific knowledge, abilities and values;
The Mediation training is finalized by a graduation exam. The exam is to be organized not later than 30 days from the last day of training and consists of two evaluation sessions, one in writing, the other one oral. To graduate the exam, candidates must pass both evaluation sessions with at least 6 of 10 points, each. Graduates are to receive a document (Certificate or Attestation) issued by the Mediation Council.
Participants attending Association’s training courses can choose to enlist to examination sessions it organizes or to enlist to any other examination session organized by any other training provider authorized by the Mediation Council. Participants who attended the training courses organized by any other provider authorized by the Mediation Council may enlist to examination sessions organized by the Association. The participation conditions are the same for all candidates, regardless the authorized training provider they took courses from.
Formats, lengths and schedules
- the training course can be organized in different formats, so to better respond to:
- continuous format (12 consecutive days);
- the training course has a length of 90 hours and the maximum length of each session is of eight didactic hours
- the examination session has a length of eight hours; at the beginning of the course, the trainers and participants are going to negotiate some possible dates proposed for the examination session; the final date is subject of examiners’ availability and is to be forwarded to the Mediation Council;
- the sessions’ schedule can be adapted according to participants’ group needs, while respecting applying rules in the field;
- courses can start on dates set by the Association or on dated negotiated with the participants, in order to better respond to their needs.
Locations where the course can take place:
according to objective criteria (number of participants, their needs) the sessions can take place in:
- city of Iasi, in Association’s headquarters from 2nd Piata Unirii street, entrance A, 4th floor, 22nd apartment;
- city of Iasi, into another location responding the identified needs;
- into another location, responding to the needs identified by the participant’s group (case in which costs and conditions are subject to negotiation between the Association’s representatives and those appointed by the participant’s group);
Costs and payments:
- the costs to be covered by one trainee is of 2.800 RON for the course participation and an estimate amount of 450 RON for the examination session (which represents a share of the costs implied by examiners’ participation i.e. fees, traveling, lodging, etc.);
- the payment is to be done in Association’s account no. RO 53 BRDE 240 SV44974892400 opened to BRD Independentei – Iasi, by Asociatia de Dialog si Solutionare a Disputelor (Association for Dialogue and Dispute Resolution) din Iasi, str. Piata Unirii nr.2A, 4/22 (the payment in to be done only upon the participation confirmation issued by the Association);
- course participation cost can be paid in two installments, the second one being due not later than the end of the course;
- the final cost for the examination session is to be communicate to candidates once the examiners are appointed and the exam date is set; the payment is to be confirmed by the candidates not later than the opening of the examination session;
- a contract of training services delivery is to be concluded between A.DD.R. and each participant;
Senior Trainer - drd. Corneliu Loghin
- senior trainer (authorized by the Mediation Council - H193/04.11.2007);
- examiner and evaluator (authorized by the Mediation Council – H285/09.12.2007);
- certified trainer ( by the Ministry of Work, Social Solidarity and Family, Ministry of Education, Research and Youth - B 0073918/06);
- trainer and consultant under Victim Offender Mediation Association’s Training and Technical Assistance Program (Associate since 2005);
-professional mediator (authorized by the Mediation Council - H74/23.09.2007), case assistance practice since 2000.
According to courses’ themes and groups’ characteristics, training sessions can be delivered or/and attended by other accredited trainers.
Upon special request and previously negotiated conditions, training sessions can be attended by other Romanian and foreign trainers and experts with expertise in different fields of activity, relevant for the delivered themes.
B. Trainings and continuous professional courses in the fields of Social and Restorative Justice, Alternative Dispute Resolution (Efficient Communication, Process Facilitation, Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitrage), Dispute Management
Courses are addressed to:
- persons interested to develop personal and professional competencies in the fields of Social and Restorative Justice, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management.
Courses’ General Objectives
- offering information, development of abilities, attitudes and values needed in the dispute management and the resolution, using Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods;
- offering information, development of abilities, attitudes and values needed for understanding and practice of activities in the Social and Restorative Justice field;
Curricula, participation conditions, formats, lengths, schedule, costs and payment means are negotiated with beneficiaries’ representatives, according to requested learning objectives and program characteristics.
The courses can be delivered in Romanian and English lenguage.
For awareness and training courses delivered by foreign experts, simultaneously translation is provided.
For more information
- referring to the norms with application in the dispute mediation professional practice and training, please consult Mediation Council site on: www.cmediere.ro
- referring to Association for Dialogue and Dispute Resolution and its team, service and product offer, training modules and respective conditions, please contact us on:
- phone +40.0722.348.599;
- email: email@example.com.
In the situation in which you consider that our offer responds to your needs, please confirm us
a. your intention to participate to a specific course; or
b. your intention to receive more information regarding our future training programs;
a. To enlist to one of our training programs, please send to us the following copies:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of intention;
- copy of one valid ID;
- copy of an Diploma/Certificate of higher education, in any field or domain;
b. To enlist in our data base and receive further information on Associations’ training offer, please send us the following:
- Name and pronoun;
- Profession, occupation and field of activity;
- E-mail, phone, fax;
- Domain and/or training program of interest;
- Motivation/nature of interest;
- Field/activity the new competencies are intended to be applied;
- Objectives, characteristics and personal needs to be covered by the training program;
(for efficiency purposes, you may send the upper mentioned copies by mail, to our address: firstname.lastname@example.org)